Wednesday, October 21, 2015

Beat up, Chunky, Dirty.....

It's been too long since my last update and I have lots of excuses....  Fall is to Photographers like April to Accountants..... need I say more?  yes...  I've been working on getting items ready to sell in a  downtown location...... more??  My full time job has been challenging lately with visits, audits, people, paperwork..... more??   Yep I got more.  I wasn't feeling well and since I'm pretty darn stubborn I chose to fight through it......... which around 1am knocked me out cold on the bathroom floor with my poor husband having to decide what to do with me.  I wan't out for too long, thank goodness but a trip to the ER was required and after a few tests, bags of fluid, rest, medicine and 4 days I might be getting back to normal.  John says I spread myself to thin...... heck I just like hearing I and thin in the same sentence.  Let's just say flu and scary low blood pressure was not a good combination.

So let's continue with the fun stuff.

I painted "Chunky" candle stick in a thin coat of white chalk paint.  Of course I forgot to take the before picture so imagine Chunky just wood when I bought him.


Added another thin coat of white to add a bit more coverage.


I then added aqua that was thick and chunky on the bottom of a paint can.  But I put it on with a paintbrush for the non-smooth areas and used a putty knife for the smooth area.  Paint so thick you can apply with a putty knife will need to be left overnight to dry.

Next step was to distress.  You can see the paint applied with a putty knife didn't give complete coverage and left raised areas giving Chunky a beat up, rough look.


Yep I paint my fingers too.


A coat of clear and dark wax and Chunky makes my heart swoon.  A plain ole wood candle holder is now a Chunky Dream.



Add candle with a little burlap and he's ready for the store.  






Are you a fan of Chunky?  It's not easy painting with a putty knife and actually it's messy and a real pain in the...... but of course I had to try it.   What about you?     

Later....

No comments:

Post a Comment