Friday, November 20, 2015

New life to old frames


Just a couple quick trash to treasure projects that have happened in my She Shed (I keep telling John I need a She Shed not a shared She/He, He/She Shed but a pretty, spacious She Shed).  I frequently visit the second hand stores looking for the not so glamourous pictures with fun frames, fun size or even a gosh darn ugly picture that is cheap and just waiting for me to take her home and make her pretty again.    Here are two examples of the before and after.


This one I did for my granddaughter Elly who has a Paris theme in her room.  The picture was kinda neat and reminded me of the flowers and soft colors you see from Paris photos.  The painting was in good shape, it was HUGE, the frame wasn’t anything special but the price was perfect since I was already spoiling her with many other Paris items for her room.  


I muted down those colors just a bit more with dry brushing over the entire painting with Annie Sloan Old White.  I wanted it to be the background not the main focus.  Then I added a free-hand graphic and painted the frame with Annie Sloan Provence.  And we do love her to Paris and back :)  


Next project was this old Home Interiors picture.  I love the oval shape and the chunky frame and of course the price.  It sat around in my box of "to-do" for a few months.



Until I got a quart of the Rust-Oleum soft pink and needed to test out the color on something.   Finding a photo to fit in an oval frame is a headache for me and removing the well intact back of the frame wasn't worth messing with a good thing..... so in my eyes paint over the whole thing.  Then paint a deer head and wreath of leaves......
call Monica to see if my littlest rustic princess Andee Lea would like this in her room.  


What can you find to paint and change the trash to a treasure...... Later

No comments:

Post a Comment