Wednesday, September 30, 2015

Fake Caramel Apples

I had a family photo shoot that needed a few apples in the shot and Fall screams Caramel Apples so since them are messy I decided to make fake Caramel Apples .  1) so they weren't so messy 2) so I could use them again and 3) so wouldn't have to eat all of them.

So 1 step is to find cheap foam apples.  I found them but not a bright red color that I wanted.


So I chalk paint them in bright red.


I did a clear and dark wax so they didn't look quite so fake.

Next step is to add tan paint to Modge Podge and pour it over the bottom of the apples.


Set them on waxed paper and add a stick.


You can sprinkle them with fake options but I decided I was only going to keep them for the fall so I used real nuts.


Let that apple dry for 24 hours and then flip it over and let the bottom dry for another 24 hours.

There you have it a Caramel Apple that will last until the end of Fall.   I added a thicker stick to give them a stronger look and a little scrap of ribbon to make it cute.  


Here's a shot from the photo session that wouldn't have been complete without an apple.  


A fun little project for you and the kids.      Later....




No comments:

Post a Comment