Tuesday, September 29, 2015

Owl Love/Hate Relationship

My daughter loves owls and she loves them more when they are the 70's style.  I think they are pretty darn ugly but I buy them for her anyway.  I was in the second hand store and seen 4 lamps and a clock with Shannon's name written all over them.  

I laughed and sent her the picture.  She replied.... I want them all.

I made a decision for her house and her boyfriend.... I only bought her the clock one.

My sister Sharon replied to an Instagram photo of the clocks..... I want one.  So I go back for one for her.

Next day these owls are bugging me..... I really should buy one and paint it white like I've been wanting to do for a long time.  So I go back to buy one for myself.


I start to paint it white while up north



I quickly send a text to my sister Gayle..... go buy me the matching owl lamp, I need two.

Excuse me Mr. Owl you have a bit of white paint on your face.  



They are awesome painted white and will look very cottagy up north.  I painted them with Linen White Rust-Oleum Chalked Paint



I am a distress girl but these guys did not get any distressing.  Just a coat of Clear Wax.


My sister Gayle came up for a moonlight kayak trip down the river and she's kicking herself for not buying the last owl lamp.



Now to find two matching shades.  What can you paint white and give it a whole new look?   

Later....


No comments:

Post a Comment