Wednesday, December 30, 2015

Coco tray with fun legs

While asking a question "what's your favorite color and do you decorate your house with it?" during the paint class I learned that most people don't have a lot of color in their houses.  They might have blue as a favorite color but they don't have any blue in their house.  The most common color they decorate with is tan/brown/neutrals.  I find that interesting, I might like those colors and have them in my furniture/floors/walls but I need color most of the time.  So since I had a gift certificate for Annie Sloan Chalk Paint that was going to expire I picked up a quart of Coco which is a tan/brown.  

I started with this silver tray with fun legs.  It was okay silver but what's to lose with painting it?


Painted it Coco with clear and dark wax gives it a new life.  The detail is more noticeable and his legs....... oh the legs...... are beautiful.  



I piled it full of my coasters made from a white birch log painted with Amy Howard Chalk Paint for that color I need.



I do really like the Coco and could see it used on a larger piece of furniture.


When Chalk Paint is used on the inside of a bowl or try it's not recommended for food.  This tray can be used for any non-food items or wrapped food items.  


Just load it up with the coasters and show off the legs.


Later.....

No comments:

Post a Comment