Monday, December 14, 2015

Sweet baby girl dresser

 I bought a dresser this summer during one of the garage sales I went to.  I didn't have any plans for it but it was unique so it came home with me.  

Fast forward a few months and my girlfriends daughter is looking for a dresser for their new house in their oldest daughters room.  Looking for something different she asks if I have anything.... Why yes I do.  


I ask her to pick a color........ she leaves it up to me.  That's not what I wanted to hear.  I don't mind picking the color when there isn't an owner in mind but when there is a room and a little girl waiting for it I feel the pressure of the perfect color.  

Here sits the ugly dresser being used as a dump all station in the garage.  


The little girl had green, blue and pink in her room already so my thought of white had me second guessing myself.  Her grandma came over and I showed her my green or blue that I was thinking...... grandma said she LOVED the blue in her room.  Okay so my green was out.  



Painting a dresser a bright color is pretty daring since colors change so quickly so I painted the entire thing aqua blue.  I left the handles intact since they decorative plate was a very thin metal that I felt needed to be left on and painted right over the top.  Remember chalk paint can go over any surface. 

Then I painted the entire dresser in white and distressed it down to the aqua.

It turned out so sweet, I loved it and really hoped that Grandma, Mom and Miss Rae did too.  

The morning came where Grandma and Grandpa were picking it up so of course I have to stage it and make it SHINE with little girl personality.  I painted a fun little tray with my green and a little pink just to add a little fun factor.  Added a little Christmas charm with some second hand store finds and it's screaming CUTENESS.



Here she is all ready to hold Miss Rae's clothes.  



The dresser was delivered as a surprise to mommy and a few days later I received the sweetest thank you card.  

It's so much fun to bring new life to ugly worn out furniture but even better to bring smiles to those who receive the treasure.  



Give a new life to something ugly and see who you can make smile.    Later......

No comments:

Post a Comment