Wednesday, April 27, 2016

Weekly Finds Painted - Frame

Sometimes there is so much detail in a item that you need to paint it so the detail shines.


I thought I'd give the gold a chance on this frame and dry brush with white leaving the gold in the recessed areas to help the details shine.  


Here is the frame before paint.  The natural wear of the frame shined up the details in some areas to accent them just enough to notice them.  


Adding the dry brush was certainly fast and easy with some pretty fun results.


Dry brushing is taking most of the paint off and then painting a newspaper or cardboard until most of the paint is gone and then paint the item just hitting the high spots.  This also saves you time when waxing.... no need to dark wax.



I'm not totally convinced this is the best color choice yet but the good thing about paint is you can just paint over it if you don't like it.  I'm also not sure what I'm going to do with the frame.  Thought about hanging it in the living room with the letter H inside.  Making a back for a chalkboard....


Right now I just leaned it inside my empty mason jar box.  



Later.....


No comments:

Post a Comment