Monday, January 11, 2016

Painted weekly finds

I've had so many of my weekly finds painted up and ready to go to the shop but they needed to be photographed so you could see them.  I needed daylight and I needed them to be all cute and put in the perfect location...... well this weekend I got the daylight and tried to stage them for pretty pictures.  I am not a stager, my house is not stage quality unless I rearrange my furniture for the perfect wall away from the bright windows and I have lots of windows, not too close to the pellet stove for the "yellow" cast of light... and so many more excuses that I said "screw it" put them on a table and just move on.  

So you get to see them with no frills, just their plain pretty little selves standing alone.  So let's do this.

My 4 plain wooden bowls with a 4 new Annie Sloan colors I picked up in December.  



The 3 mirrored wall hangings.


With their new color Annie Sloan Coco and dry brushed with Annie Sloan Old White.  They will be perfect for a little texture on a gallery wall.




I painted a few jars with the Annie Sloan Emperior's Silk and then added a little Old White for the second one and then a little more white for the lighter pink.  They are perfect for little pops of color during the Valentine season.  No before pic for them either, these were before my weekly find posts.


The top wooden bowl with some details carved in got painted.


In one of the new Annie Sloan colors Old Ochre.  I love the shape of this bowl and the details along with the heavy distressing.  



Remember these?


They are now pretty red.  


A tin sugar canister needed a little loving.


Now she looks pretty and will be ready to brighten someones kitchen cupboard.  


The original handle was broken so this wood handle became the new top with a little black paint it's perfect.


Small wooden bowl shown on the bottom right.


Made a perfect place to display a heart in time for Valentine's Day decor.  



And this boring wood coat rack....


Is now........ you guessed it RED.




This plain wood tray with the beautiful heart painting (very pretty in it's first life)



Is now a white tray with flowers embossed on the bottom.  I love trays, don't you?



This tray just got a little red paint to match the tiles.  (no before pic)



And one more..... the tall wood and metal candle stick.


Is now pretty in red with the Valentine candle cup.  



I have lots more but that's all for tonight.    Later....


No comments:

Post a Comment