Thursday, January 28, 2016

Circle Challenge

Before Christmas my girlfriend brought me a bag full of wood circle pieces.  She challenged me to find something to do with them, her father makes a beer can holder and this is the part he throws away and he has LOTS of them.  She's like me..... it's hard to throw a perfectly good piece of wood in the fire.

I tried many things but nothing worked.  I put them away and searched Pinterest many nights trying to find something.  There is many ideas but not really anything I liked.  The challenging part is the hole in the center and the sharp lip around the diameter. 


So this girlfriends 50th birthday is coming up.....  I had one idea that I needed to try so I could surprise her with completing the challenge.   This is a bad cell phone photo with it laying on the table but John and I finished it just minutes before walking out the door to the party, no time for formal pictures.



I brought it with to her surprise birthday party and her dad had to rush right over and check it out.  Poor guy still thinks I carved each of these flowers out of those oak circles.



Back board and wood knobs are painted with Rust-oleum Linen White with Clear and Dark Wax. 
The circles are painted with Amy Howard Cartoucsh Green with Clear ad Dark Wax.


She had one of the circles painted red already so I just added a heart and a fun window bracket thingy with an old screw to cover up the hole and some twine for hanging. 


So proud that I passed that challenge, it wasn't easy and she loved it.  
A true trash to treasure with a bit of memory for a friend.

There might still be a few of these going in the campfire but I'm willing to try again to find another use for them. 



Sometimes you don't find what you need on Pinterest so you have to use your own creativity
Later....


No comments:

Post a Comment