Friday, January 15, 2016

Weekly Finds 1/14/16

My weekly finds

A fun little glass bottle for my table decoration that I have right now.  I also like these little bottles for holding my weekly garden flowers in small little areas of the house.  I would rather have 1-3 flowers in a vase vs a big bouquet.  


I don't normally look at the dishes because I am a sucker for old fun dishes but since I had to walk down the isle because of a shopping cart in the way I spied this little gem and it had to come home with me.  


The red rim pulled me right in.


I have a project that I need some old books for so my hunting for old books is always interesting.  I need to have a good size, old looking pages without a stink to them and I like no paper cover but if it comes off good I can always throw it away.   The books need to have some wear to them on the cover and pages (if I can't find wear I will force it with my trusty sandpaper)


I have taken off the two covers but something in me says I can't throw them away, I feel I can use them on a different project some day so in my collection they go.  


The Whitetail book was picked out for me but with this cute white deer embossed on the front cover I couldn't complete by vision.  Our grandson Maxwell loves everything hunting, he breaths hunting and Lynn has to find him hunting magazines for nighttime stories.  This is an old hunting book for whitetail habits, hunting them and other tips for the hunter.  It's very old school but Max will love it and it might be a bit more interesting for Lynn.


It even has photos for Max to look at over and over again.  He'll wear out this book without sandpaper.


An oval mirror (great for a gallery wall)


Round frames (great for gallery walls with a letter mounted inside)


Another box (you know I love boxes)



That's it for this week but of course I didn't look real hard, I had books on the brain and these items hit me as I sprinted by.           

I already put a couple things in the house and I'll be back to share those with you.

Later.......

No comments:

Post a Comment