Tuesday, January 12, 2016

Trash to Treasure Tuesday - Red Side Table

I think last week was my Trash to Treasure Tuesday however I forgot so let's just pretend it's this week.   I love trash to treasure Tuesday when I have a real piece of Trash.

I found this little side table on the curb waiting for the trash.  It gave someone lots of function, they painted it, overly used it and some how smashed a big ole' hole in the side of it.  

When I seen it sitting on the curb I squealed a bit but I was going too fast with someone behind me to stomp on the brakes so I cruised around the block while saying..... no one else stop, no one else see it, don't pick it up.... She was all mine, snow and all.


I didn't take a picture of the hole in the side of it because the hubby was so on top of this one it was crazy.  He had it tightened up and the hole patched before I even asked.  

I seen a side table just like this on Pinterest with Annie Sloan Emperior's Silk and Graphite top that I loved so since I got me a new can of Emperior's Silk I decided to give it a try.  Annie Sloan nailed the red color, she's really my favorite color however I have nothing in my house this color, but I do have it on my outdoor porch so that counts.  



I painted the inside walls and the drawer.  Painting the inside and the bottoms of your projects is a must.  ALWAYS paint them, it makes your projects more finished. 

The sun was so bright in the house when I took these that it washed on the deep color a bit.



This next photo shows the rich red color.  To keep the color deep and rich I did not clear wax.  I skipped the clear and did only dark wax.  Now if you've heard me during class that's a no-no, never dark wax first.... always clear and then dark.  But I'm a rule breaker and I only dark wax the graphite to make it blacker so since I didn't want to mess up with getting clear on the red I just went for it and dark waxed the whole thing without clear wax.  It's beautiful and I'm sooooooo lucky.

This is the side with the big hole in it..... can't even tell.  The hubby did a fantastic job with his patching skills.


The before and after from real trash.


Why didn't I paint her white?  Because then I would want to keep her..........  Later....

No comments:

Post a Comment