Monday, February 1, 2016

Weekly Finds 1/30/16

Last week it was all about feet.  I found this gem with his fancy feet and the fancy handle on the cover.  I forgot to take his before picture because I was so excited to try a new chalk paint product.  I will come back and tell you all about it this week.  Imagine his before without the blue on it.



I found another silverware box.  I felt a bit guilty since the gal who works there was upset with the last one I bought because she has silverware that she wants one of these boxes for..... and then this one she didn't see either.  I didn't have the heart to tell her I rip all that stuff out of the box, I just smiled.



I have a new product that I'm trying to find a use for so this small milkglass vase came home with me.  I'm running out of options so hopefully this is something I like.


My girlfriend sent me a text of this pile.  I noticed the table base and thought I needed to go check it out.  


The base looked in good condition and it had claw feet with the ball inside the claw.  Super fun so I checked it over good to see if it was broken anywhere..... all was good in my Edge it went..... but the top I couldn't get in without scuffing up the inside and if you don't know my hubby then I'll tell you that wouldn't be a good idea.  So since the base was gone someone else wasn't going to notice the top laying in the pile.  The top has a bad case of YUCK stuck to it but other than that it's not broken and it has cravings around the edge.  

I headed back to work to find someone to pick up the top for me and I got a text from Shannon and Elly.  "Mom did you get the junk from that pile?"  I texted back that I couldn't fit the top in the Edge.  Two minutes passed and Shannon called me.  "I'm here and it will fit in my van"  Sweet!!!  I spun around and we loaded it up.    

Everything fits well and there is no major damage, I can't believe people just throw this stuff away.  Like I said earlier the top had a bad case of YUCK and I hated to touch it so I sprayed it all down and scrubbed with a putty knife until it was all clean.  I think they tried to stain the top and only got half done but they didn't stain it correctly and everything they set on top of it stuck to the stain.  Nothing I can't clean up and make pretty again.



His beautiful feet.


The carving on the edge.


Just in case you wanted to see the nasty top again....


This was beautiful in it's day and will be beautiful again but the cleaning of it is extremely gross, I almost lost my lunch at one point.   One time I found a stuffed chair that was really unique but when I stopped it was full, I mean FULL of cat hair...... I called my sister-in-law and told her if she wanted it come get it.  I can't do cat hair, but she turned that cat covered chair into an amazing piece of furniture.  

Later....

No comments:

Post a Comment