Tuesday, February 2, 2016

Trash to Treasure Tuesday - Silverware Box

I'm going to try a Trash to Treasure Tuesday every week vs once a month.  I'm not sure how it will go but I'm up for the challenge right now, we will see what happens when it gets nice outside and I don't want to be in the house behind a computer screen.  Until then meet me here every Tuesday.  

A few weeks back I shared a silverware box find.  I've actually found two lately and this is the first one I found.  Here she is all dressed up in orange.  


The box started out like this.





And quickly went into demolition mode.  



I chose Annie Sloan Coco for the outside of the box and Annie Sloan Barcelona Orange for the inside of the box.  When I was done I liked the orange so I gave it a sloppy paint job of orange on the outside.  



I didn't cover up the Coco totally and then distressed it to expose the dark wood on the edges.  



The top has a carved detail giving the look of embossed leather.  It's so pretty I hated to cover it up.




It's a nice place to store magazines, daily junkmail on the top and bills needing to be paid in the drawer... so many possibilities all in one pretty little box.  


As much as I love this orange silverware box it is headed to the store.  
I already have one in my Florence color but it's not a double decker like this one and has detail on the top cover but not quite as cool as this one. 


Later.....

No comments:

Post a Comment