Sunday, February 7, 2016

Weekly Finds Painted + New Chalk Paint Review

Last week a local hardware store got in their new spray can chalk paint.  Yep Spray Can.... I am not a spray can lover.  Back in the day I sprayed just about everything and since the finding of chalk paint I have no tolerance for spray paint.  So when my hardware store got their shipment in and were very excited about it I was curious so I tried it.

Krylon Chalky Finish Paint  link here  and can be bought at Fourmans Farm Home in Medford.  

This stuff was amazing, the coverage was beyond perfect, no runs, no drips, 1 coat coverage and best of all chalk paint look and feel.  I tried a couple different surfaces to see if was amazing with all of them.  The tray is a hard to brush paint bamboo and wicker surface.... PASS.  The container I shared on my weekly finds a few days back was ceramic with a bold design on all 4 sides... PASS.  


Yes I need a new couch...... I've been saying that for 2 or 4 years already but there is always one excuse after another from my mouth or John's, and then the kids come over and they all run to the couch cuz it feels like HOME and it's so comfortable and they want to sit and lay on it for hours.  One day Lynn was sick and sent me a text asking if she could come over and lay on the couch while Dad watched Nascar.... she needed comfort of HOME to make her feel better and take a nap (kids could nap all day if the race was on).  Now how am I suppose to get rid of this ugly, beat up, well loved, saggy, fabric worn off, ragged looking couch with children that need it to come HOME to.  

Some day it will happen I just don't know when.


1 coat coverage.... perfect for both surfaces.



This Copper and metal basket, plant holder thing was bought before my weekly finds.  It sat in the garage for weeks....... okay months.... and was on the back burner because it was going to be a pain to brush paint.  Well it sprayed in minutes.


The bowl/plant stand is going to be mine for awhile, it's to unique to let go yet.  

shhhhhhhh....... little sneak peek at my book project (more on them later)



 A look at the copper inserts with a bit of distressing.  With this spray chalk paint you can distress and wax just like the brush on chalk paint.  It's finish is so touchable.



Metal/copper.... PASS



I was loving this spray paint and just had to keep going with it.  

A milk white vase...... PASS

A plastic gold mirror....... PASS



The plastic gold tray I shared in my weekly finds.  


The distressing brought back all the details in the vase and the gold frame.





This can of spray paint is still going strong, it is still like 1/2 full and I did a lot of projects with it.  My review is A+ and I hate dislike spray paint.  I will certainly be back for more with those hard to paint projects.  And for those that want the smooth finish on your chalk paint projects this is the ticket, the finish is Smoooooooth.

And of course there is a wide range of colors but aqua is my GO-TO color when I'm trying something out.     What color will you try?      Later......

No comments:

Post a Comment