Sunday, March 13, 2016

March Madness Day 13 - Teal Chalkboard

I found this old frame and oil painting and knew it would make a great chalkboard frame.  The chunkiness of the frame is what draws me to them.  These frames cost someone a pretty penny back in their day.  


I like to save these old oil painting by giving the frame a new life but this one was on a cheap cardboard and in pretty tough shape so it was replaced with a thicker pegboard without the holes.  I painted the pegboard with chalkboard paint and after the frame was painted John put it back together for me.  



The chalkboard was for a specific project and when I know it's going somewhere before I even paint it I stress over the color.  I can make color choices all day long but when it's already sold I freeze.  I held off for awhile until one day it hit me....... her cancer ribbon color.  So teal it is.


Teal is a bit more green than my aqua so I had to custom mix some colors together.  I can't even tell you what I mixed but I think it turned out to be the perfect teal.



A pinterest search for a chalkboard saying and it's ready to bring this family joy.


Later....



1 comment: