Saturday, March 5, 2016

March Madness Day 5 - Coral and blue bowls

Last week I was teaching a chalk paint class and the colors that were chosen were coral and light blue.  The class was for Mason Jar Boxes so I painted these bowls in the two colors for a visual example.  I loved the colors and it was the first time I ever painted coral.


They fall right into the Pantone 2016 colors that I talked about on day 3 {here}..... planned or not planned?



Totally planned.


All 3 pieces were painted with Rust-Oleum Chalked Paint, Sealed with Rust-Oleum Top Coat and then to add a vintage touch the Valspar Antiquing Wax.  

I got this little cabinet many years ago from a house that was going to be burnt down.  My sister and I were pickers that day and hauled 3 truckloads home.  This was one of the items John shook his head because it was in such bad shape and still is.  I haven't done a thing to it and it's put together so terribly, nothing is straight on it, but it's one of my favorite things.  I love the hand made charm and the natural distress, this is one of the items I would never paint.


This lamp I got from the owner of the company I work for.  He bought a cottage and this lamp was in it and he thought of me when he was cleaning up the items that they didn't want.  It's another favorite for me.  


No matter how hard I try I'll never be able to duplicate the distress of this table.  


Later....

No comments:

Post a Comment