Monday, March 7, 2016

March Madness Day 7 - Lavender Love

I'm making this quick tonight as I cough, shiver, sneeze, swallow hard to keep my toast down and just lay here on the couch.  Saturday we took care of 2 of our grandchildren and they were fantastic, however they like to share everything with their grandma and grandpa.  So this time they shared the flu virus.  I thought we had beat it since it's been 2 days.... nope it hit us both hard this afternoon.  We were suppose to watch 3 more of the grandkids tonight and to me that's the best day ever........ I called their mommy and said to make other plans.... then I pouted a little.   Hopefully this doesn't last long, but to me not long is 2 hours and so far it's been longer than 2 hours.  I don't sit and do nothing well but it helps when you can't move your head or you think it might burst.  

Okay that was more than I thought I could type so let's move on.  I did a little experiment with the soon to be popular lavender.  Mixing Annie Sloan Emperors Silk, Aubusson Blue, and Old White gives you shades of lavender that found a couple of my items in the to-do pile.  


Added a little Paris Gray to the wood bowl and Pink to the Mason Jar to help me like Lavender.... it works.



One of the 27 butterflies done...... they work perfectly when I have a bit of color to use up and hanging within a gallery wall or leaning against a stack of lavender items they add the perfect touch of whimsy.  

Here is the before pile of butterflies.



And the before large wooden bowl. 


There are 2 smaller wooden bowls done too but I have no before picture.  Someone out there has to be a lavender fan and if you aren't these just might win you over.



Later.......

No comments:

Post a Comment