Thursday, March 31, 2016

March Madness Day 31 - Blue Mason Jar Box - Blue Box

It's the last day of March Madness and I'm so glad you stuck it out with me for 31 days (actually 30 cuz I missed one day).  I'm not sure you are going to miss these daily posts but I'll certainly have a hard time adjusting to it.  

I was hoping for a big grand finale for the last day but my last 2 weeks have been crazy busy at work and at home so that didn't happen.  However this blue box isn't too shabby to finish up the month.  


When I bought this box it was similar to the many John has made for my painting classes and the price on it helped it to jump in my cart.  All put together and painted already.  

I wasn't too crazy about the blue color but I could make it work but the yellow had to go.  


To calm the blue down I did some serious sanding.  It took forever since it was some type of regular latex with a gloss finish.  I finally got down to a matte finish.


Ane covered up that bright yellow with some Rust-Oleum Linen White.  It needed a little something for the front of the box.  That's a large flat space, so it got a vine stencil in Linen White.



And for a fun surprise it got Linen White handles on both sides.  



This box is a bit bigger than John's so 3 Mason Jars fit with lots of wiggle room.



The blue works with the white and a coat of Clear Wax she's ready for someones table.


Another look at the before and after.  Hardly looks like the same box.



Later.....




No comments:

Post a Comment