Monday, March 21, 2016

March Madness Day 21 - Chair Brightening

When I bought this chair I knew it needed to be lightened up.  So Rust-Oleum Linen White it was.
I love that white.



Here's the chair right out of the thrift store.  The seat of the chair is so rotten and isn't attached.  There is a couple holes in the round piece on the back but other than those things it's a good solid chair.  


I tried to find something to put in that circle but came up with nothing.  So the holes got patched and I painted it Rust-Oleum Serenity Blue that matched the chevron color perfectly.  


Then I added the Serenity Blue in a couple more spots.  Loved that the chevron triangle on the back of the chair so I made it stand out with the Blue accent.  


So fresh and summery now.


I also added blue to a couple spots on the legs.  And added Annie Sloan Clear Wax.  I personally do not like dark wax on white, I have dark waxed a few white items but not many.  


One more before and after look.  


Later....

No comments:

Post a Comment