Monday, March 14, 2016

March Madness Day 14 - Red Box

So my furniture shopping a week ago was all about the gray/blue/tan decision.  I stressed and stressed not knowing which way to go.  

Remember this box from a few weeks ago? 


It's been painted red.



The furniture sales guy was all about trying to talk me into picking blue, I'm ready with my decision so John and I take an afternoon and go back to the furniture store.  John wants nothing to do with it until my mind is ready and then he will come in and agree with me..... or not.



The carved keys are pretty fun and give this boring box some interest.  


The sales guy was good, I mean like really good.  He's been doing this for 20+ years and he knows what he's doing.  He helped me with the gray/tan choice and made me feel so much better about it.  He knew how to pick out the pillow fabric and went through the entire rack of swatches picking out only the top 3-4 choices.  All this while John is bored and trying out different chairs..... yakking about comfort, not comfortable, size, wants, napping, colors, tired......... and driving me crazy.  

One more look at the before plain boring box with the red key dream box.  Painted with Annie Sloan Emperors Silk, distressed and only waxed with Annie Sloan dark wax.  (just like me to break the rule of dark wax ONLY after clear).  Using just the dark wax gives it a richer color but you better be sure cuz there is no turning back.


He finds two possible pillow fabric choices and lays them on a couch with our couch fabric and asked which one.... I point left to a paris type tan/gray/black/brown fabric with script wording all over it... John is standing behind me and he points right at a gray/black and red fabric with color splotches all over it.   Ummmmmm John have you seen our living room lately.... there is no red in it!

Red goes great with aqua....... yep that's what happened.  The sales guy and John ganged up on me and got their red splotches fabric.  Then remember the sales guy was good right????  He was listening to John talk and watching him the entire time and took him right upstairs to a really comfortable RED recliner..... lays the pillow and couch fabric on it and has John sit in it as he reclines him backwards where he's almost upside down.  


So now I have to figure out how to balance red with my aqua.  Oh don't worry Mr Sales Guy was smiling and sharpening his pencil this whole time.  I didn't want those stinkin' couch pillows to begin with but you pay for them no matter if you get them or not...... would have been better to take my loss with no pillows.  

It will be awhile before the furniture arrives so I have time to plan the merger and last week the recliner was delivered so I now know that Annie Sloan Emperors Silk with dark wax is a perfect match for the red.  I knew there was a reason I never got rid of that red tall end table.  


Later......

No comments:

Post a Comment