Thursday, March 3, 2016

March Madness Day 3 - Painted Treasure Box

Day 3 and still going strong..... hahahaha 

This little treasure box tugged at my shopping cart so of course I rescued it.  She's looking pretty fine in her light aqua paint.


Here she is before the paint.  Good solid treasure box with a fun details in her cover.  And some very nasty felt ridiculously glued to the bottom so that it took me forever to pull, scrape and sand it off. 



I kept the inside unpainted for that wood look and also if someone wanted to fill it with Starburst Jelly Beans they could.  


Why didn't I fill it with Starburst Jelly Beans?  Dang!!


I do paint with other colors......... just on a blue kick lately.  It's coming up hot for this summer.   

Here's a  couple pictures from Pinterest with the 2, yes there are 2 this year, Pantone colors for 2016.  

Rose Quartz and Serenity


And with the combination of the two lavender will be very popular too.  



I love how there are so many different shades of blue in this room.  The blanket looks lavender. 

Tonight I went furniture shopping and trying to pick out a style and fabric is overwhelming.  I tried to stay neutral with a tan/brown/grey and the guy was trying to talk me into blue.... I told him he didn't need to twist my arm cuz I would fold for a blue couch in an instant..... if I didn't have a husband that doesn't want to buy a couch again in a couple years.  

No furniture bought but every stinkin' show we watch on tv tonight had a blue couch....... URGHHHHH!!


Later.


No comments:

Post a Comment